What race are you most excited to see come back this year?

What is the race that you are most excited to see come back this year? I was thrilled to see the Barkley back in action, even if it was a scaled-back version.

1 Like

The Eagleton Trail Challenge :wink:

Barkley for me as well

1 Like

still waiting for the word but hopefully UTMB!

1 Like

Western States for sure because I’m going, and UTMB because I always watch. And (I know it’s a road race but,) I got picked in the lottery for Chicago, so I’m excited about that.

3 Likes

I am hoping to run the HURT100 in Jan 2022. I was at 2020 pacing for a friend and it was the last big trip before the pandemic started. I feel like making it the first big race I will focus on will provide a great deal of intrinsic motivation.

1 Like

That sounds awesome. How was pacing that race?

1 Like

The HURT100 is a special race and pacing/volunteering/running it is always a great time.

This is a race recap from running it a few years ago myself.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing…great read

1 Like

Ultra Trail Australia went ahead on the weekend, with minimal change really, expect for the obvious lack of internationals. Talk over the weekend was that between the 11,22,50 and 100k events there were between 5000 ad 7000 athletes. Great turn out for a post covid return.

It was also my first 100k, which was supposed to happen last May, then October, so I’m seriously pumped to finally get that one out of the way!

2 Likes

That’s great to hear. Congratulations on completing the first 100k. Would love to see the race report, especially since it was the return of a major race.

Great news and congrats! 100k is no joke.

UTMB is on my list. UTMB is on everyone’s list :slight_smile: we may meet some day.

1 Like