Welcome - New Member Introductions

Hey everyone! Welcome!

I thought I would start a thread to help introduce our new members. This is a space where you can make new friends and keep in touch as you get ready to tackle the Yeti Snakebite.

In this thread, we are bringing together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find the Snakebite? What are you most looking forward to? What is your biggest question heading into the race? Have you done the Snakebite before?

Just reply using the blue reply button below and welcome!

5 Likes

Alright new members…say hello to each other:

@Paige098
@Mann_Diego
@happymama
@pvanmeter
@poppins1
@crazyrunnerguy
@abermommy
@Jennyschoonie
@Adamhorton
@MPut
@DiNo
@BoulderMom
@martinanquez

1 Like

Hello!!

I’m Ian from PA. This will be my first ultra . Super excited to meet a bunch of new friends and even more excited to run this!

4 Likes

Hey Y’all. I’m Jenny from Tallahassee. I have only done Jason’s virtual 50 mile challenge and virtual 100 miler (went from road racing to trail obsessed during COVID lockdown). I’m so excited to finally do an in person Yeti run! Not going to lie, doing a crash course training block for this one, but one way or another, I’m crossing that finish line and getting that iconic hug!

4 Likes

Nicole from Massachusetts. Snakebite will be my second in-person ultra. The first was the two-day/106km Isle of Wight Challenge in 2018, then I did the 24hr virtual Yeti Challenge in February.

I’m looking forward to doing an in-person Yeti event. Snakebite looks like a laid-back good time. Painful, but good.

5 Likes

Hey there,
Diana from Michigan.
Newbie, 1st Ultra, will fall down at least once. But let’s be honest, more likely once per lap.
Biggest worry? Can’t drink Fireball.
Hopefully I’ll muster compensatory redeeming qualities….

5 Likes

Hi Folks! Jessica here from ATL. I’ve done many iterations of the Yeti Snakebite (it was my first ultra), as well as other Yeti races, and virtual races. Can’t wait to party with y’all in the park!

4 Likes

Alright, more to welcome to the group…everyone say hello!

@Obi1kat
@DRigsby
@Angela2238
@SmallFrye76
@Eric
@rich1968
@Swamimama
@TXEX94
@docr37m
@ginaconiglio
@Kazgirl
@Neversaydie
@apohlers
@Lrindner
@mootiemosh
@sonamliebe
@annielazo1011
@Cwh814

I’m Michelle, originally from Michigan but have lived in Tampa for about 30 years. Snakebite will be my first Ultra. Celebrating the big 5-0 in style :crazy_face:. Looking forward to meeting all of the back-of-the-pack that I will be spending quality time with!!

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m manny from San Diego! This will be my 4th 50k this year and excited to do a run on the east coast. I watched a yeti documentary on this and knew I had to sign up because it looked like a big family party. I have some humidity training I’m trying to get in and looking forward to the sufferfest. I’ll be staying at the baymont by Wyndham that weekend in lithia springs. Looking forward to partying with all of you.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Adam from Middle Georgia! This will be my second in person Yeti and my wife’s first one. She previously crewed me at Seven Trails for my 100k there. I can’t wait to meet everyone there!

2 Likes

We have new members…let’s welcome them:

@thadius15
@Brandylb
@Clynch813
@Watwoodz
@Aaroncarpenter
@PadenS
@Christie
@Maximumpeter
@stephentiek
@kuchariks
@rdaley
@Captainlew2219
@tribeca3

Say hello!

Hi all,
First in person Yeti event will be Snakebite and I’m very excited! Coming in from Gainesville FL. Looking forward to enjoying this great weekend.

2 Likes

Hi, this will be my 2nd 50k. I’m from Atlanta and run at Sweetwater regularly. I’ve run several of the shorter Yeti races before and they are my favorite. It’s such a great community. I’m always curious to see what combination of trails they put together for the races.

3 Likes

Hi Michelle!

I’m Melissa and traveling from the Greater Tampa area to Snakebite as well! Hope we can connect!

3 Likes

Hi All- I am in Northern VA and ran the Dam Yeti 50mi back in June. Coming down to GA for the 11mi option of the Snakebite.

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m Melissa and found the Yeti races by accident when the world shut down. I completed the Yeti 24 hour challenge and the 12 Days of Yeti as well as the recent Curse of the Yeti. This will be my second in person 50K - my first was Tsali Frosty Foot in NC - a beauty!

I’ll be traveling from the Greater Tampa area and am seriously looking forward to my first in person Yeti race!

2 Likes

@ortizloveroftrails that would be awesome!

1 Like

Bucket list for next year…that Dam Yeti 50K! Congratulations on the 50 miler!

1 Like

Hi hi! Karin aka Happy Mama (if you follow me on the gram) here. Snakebite was supposed to be my first ultra last year (aside from the Yeti Ultra 24 Hr Challenge I did virtually), but a stress fracture ended that dream. I recently moved from Alpharetta (north Atlanta) to South Florida, and hoping to make it back this year for in person – my coach and I need to work out my training block to fit it around the 50 miler I have at the end of September first :slight_smile:

Happy to be here – even if virtually!

2 Likes