Welcome! Introductions

Awesome new feature! Hopefully we can take advantage of this.

My name is Andrew and I’m from DFW in Texas. I want to run with ALL of you, and run all these races as well!

Let’s do this :+1:

4 Likes

Hey Andrew…welcome.

David from Nashville - glad to see this forum getting going.

What does your 2021 race calendar look like?

Yes, I’m gonna kill my body this year, and I’m all for the madness of it!

You?

5 Likes

That’s a full year…so awesome to see.

I’m getting back into the swing this year after a few years off. Nothing on the calendar yet…better put something on the calendar to keep my focus. Your calendar is inspiring me!

1 Like

Hey Andrew! How do you pan a whole year schedule? I plan a couple of races at a time. So impressed with that stacked schedule! How many of those races have you run before?

2 Likes

Kenneth McInnerney from San Antonio, Texas. I love trails whether running, or on my board, and bike.

4 Likes

Well, I haven’t ran most of them! I just research and ask my running group about them and just pull the trigger. I like changing each year up to remove some of the monotony. This year, I planned to do as many runs as I could in the first half. They’re all “shorter” runs, and most of them are with the running groups in with. Not listed here are the runs that I plan on helping out on (crewing, pacing). A reason I’m able to do this stacked schedule is because I am choosing to do more local ones this year. None of these are further than 3 hours out.

Then, as most people do, take the summer as a way to “recover”.

Then, my big runs are reserved at the end. Everything kinda builds up to Dino Valley 100. I plan on training more for these races, hence having only three runs the second half of the year. I plan on going to train at Dino Valley quite often!

For next year, me and some people in my group plan on doing more races around the US.

Lastly, for the first half, I really want to test the limits of my recovery ability. The stretch from April through May is going to be a killer. I’d like to someday do a “tour” run, so this is kind of a test.

How about you guys?!

3 Likes

My husband and I like to pick races together. It’s usually a mix of races we like to do every year and races where we want to sneak a vacation in with them. We love running in new places.

This year my husband is looking to have a few PRs so his strategy will include looking for races where he has a good opportunity to PR. I’m just happy to participate!

This is also the first time I’ve registered for races more than a few months out. I have a race registered for November and Atlanta’s Peachtree Road Race in July. I’m pretty excited about both!

2 Likes

Getting back to trail racing after taking a couple years off… READY!

3 Likes

Hello All,

Ashley from Houston, TX here. I have been trail running for about two years now, almost exclusively with Trail Racing Over Texas :star_struck: I have recently found a love for pacing after I paced a friend at her Rocky Raccoon 100K. There is something super fulfilling about helping friends achieve their goals. When I am not running, I am a Robin Hood tax accountant whose only desire is to take money back from the government and put it back into the taxpayer’s pocket.

I have only ran a single ultra (thus far) at Jackalope Jam 2020, covering 28 miles in 6HRs and I had the time of my life. I hope to add more ultras to my list in the future but this year, I am just focused on enjoying the trail scene and pushing myself. Here is my current (and evolving schedule for 2021)

• April 3rd - Hell’s Hills 50K (Tejas Trail Series)
  • May 8th - Wildflower 7M (TROT)
  • May 22nd - Possum’s Revenge 8M (TROT)
  • August 28th - Night Moves 10K (TROT)
  • Sept 11th - Alamo City Ultra 10K (TROT)
  • Oct 9th - Mission Tejas 10K (TROT)
  • Nov 19th - Texas B.M.F TBD (TROT)
  • Dec 4th - Brazos Bend 100 26.2M (TROT)

Any TROT race I am not running in, you will typically find me volunteering instead. My next volunteer assignment will be at Jackalope Jam 2021 this coming weekend (Feb 20th-21st) and I believe a few of you will be there! :partying_face:

I am also a Trail Racing Over Texas Ambassador for 2021 so if you happen to have any questions, hit me up! Always happy help. Hoping to have some great chats with you all and see you out on the trails sometime.

5 Likes

Hello everyone, Alex from just outside of Orlando, FL by way of 30+ years in Nashville. Glad to meet everyone and look forward to seeing you in person at some race this year (hopefully)!

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I live in Colorado Springs and I’m the founder and executive director of the American Trail Running Association. I’m passionate about the trails and happy to be here to learn about all of your stories and involvement on the trails.

8 Likes

Goodness! A big welcome – and thank you! – to you @nanoontrails !

I’m Mike from Nashville and I’ve run a decent number of marathons and ultramarathons and am absolutely dreadful at them! But the community is too great to stay away.

Cheers!

1 Like

Amen to that! I hear you got a bit of snow out your way. We’re digging out here in CO as well. Happy Weekend forthcoming:)

1 Like

Yes we did! And we are way worse at functioning with snow than you Coloradoans are!

My name is Luis Escobar. I am an avid distance runner, photographer, podcast host and race director from Cool California. I am excited about this forum and looking forward to keeping in touch with all of you.

8 Likes

Welcome, @LuisEscobar150!

1 Like

Julia here from San Antonio Texas! Now that we don’t have anymore snow gonna be training for j and j race in March. Just did the rocky raccoon 50k last weekend and it was so cold!

2 Likes

Glad to hear that y’all have thawed out. Such a crazy week.

1 Like

That’s awesome! RR is one of my “bucket list” races!

1 Like