USU Community Strava group?

I use Strava to log my miles (via the mobile app). Had a Garmin Fenix v1 years ago but wasn’t satisfied with it and ended up switching to Strava. Anyways…

Do other folks in the USU community here use Strava? If so, any interest in creating a club/group on Strava?

Also up for hearing about other run tracking apps folks in the community use.

2 Likes

I think this would be cool…we will look into how we can get one set-up.

1 Like

Count me in.

I use Strava to see cool routes and keep an eye on the training of some rivals, but I would love to see all the trails that the USU group is doing and the miles of smiles they are logging.

1 Like

100%! I use Strava too and I imagine there’s a lot of ppl who would be happy to join that group.

Do you still use a Garmin watch? I switched to Coros a few years back and it lacks some of the bells and whistles that the Fenix line has but I have still be very impressed.

@mk717 i don’t currently use a gps watch. I have heard a bit about COROS recently- seems well positioned to take on Garmin and Suunto. Definitely considering making a GPS watch purchase sometime later this year.

1 Like

Alright, there is now a strava running group called “ultrasignup”…it is a public group so anyone can jump in there…lets share it around and get some people in the group

2 Likes

The group is starting to take off…in about 48 hours time we have over 550 members in there…this could end up being a very fun place for us all to interact as well…very cool.

3 Likes

Well, we were at about 900 members today in the Strava group…pushed it a bit on facebook and we are now closing in on 1,100 members. Pretty cool to see that group growing.

Thoughts on how we can better utilize that group are welcome here. Share your thoughts and we will find a way (if possible) to make them happen in that group.

Thanks

3 Likes

Will be watching this thread closely…

2 Likes

I’m in! #1423.

2 Likes

Pretty neat. Over 1,500 members now and we, as a club, have more than run around the world. I bet we can get to the point wheee our group is running around the world every day.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Love how our community is growing, staying active, and supporting one another.

As more events take place in the coming months, I’m sure that mileage number will really start to climb! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Just joined (member #1579)

2 Likes

Sounds like we need to do an “UltraSignup Around the World in a Single Day” challenge on Strava!

1 Like

Upvote :arrow_up: