Supporting our Fellow Ultra/Trail Runners in Texas

Like many of us around the country, we’ve been watching the news and thinking a lot about our fellow ultra/trail runners in Texas (including Rob Goyen and the close-knit TROT family), many of whom are likely without power in freezing temperatures and now boiling water. Not sure if any of you in Texas can even see this (depending on your power situation), but if you can, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

For those who do have power (inside or outside Texas), does anyone know of people or high quality organizations coordinating support for people who need help in Texas? If so, we can bring attention to it on our various social channels.

3 Likes

Absolutely echo the sentiment…thinking about you all. Hopefully, the weather will improve rapidly and support will reach those impacted very soon.

Thank you. We are doing our best to support our neighbors. Ultrarunning definitely helps with the survival mindset. Texas appreciates your prayers & support!!! -Agatha in Texas

1 Like

We are on day 4 of little to no water. Finally, we were told this morning that rolling blackouts were over, unless people can’t conserve. My internet is still not working, but least of my worries. If you can get out, stores have long lines and are being depleted. City and county governments have been little to no help. We appreciate you thinking of us! We will survive!

1 Like

Thank you! We are doing best we can in these unprecedented conditions. Friends, neighbors, and complete strangers have come together to help and support one another. Being a runner definitely helped - it’s a mind set that extends into all areas of life, and really comes in handy in coping with tough situations. Everyone’s prayers and thoughts are much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks all!!! Most of us now have power and water. Groceries specifically milk eggs and water are still scarce. All I can say is thank goodness for camping equipment and adventure gear! It got so cold in the house when we lost power. Hopefully more food will arrive soon.

1 Like