New Member Introductions

Hey everyone! Welcome!

I thought I would start a thread to help introduce our new members. This is a space where you can make new friends and keep in touch as you get ready to tackle the Hennepin Hundred.

In this thread, we are bringing together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find the Hennepin Hundred? What are you most looking forward to? What is your biggest question heading into the race? Have you done the Hennepin before?

Just reply using the blue reply button below:

@53rdstreet
@afrazier
@baddink
@barbashe
@Belgian
@BGrud
@Chris
@cmposey
@gsturdy
@HenryH
@jdenny70
@JoJoRunner
@Maibritt
@MegoG
@Mgrud
@mlnewell
@RandiL
@stebleto
@tonymorioka
@Xela2021
@MicheleRD

Hey everyone! I’m super stoked for Hennepin in seven weeks. It will be my Western States qualifier this year. My big question is whether there has been a final decision made on rules regarding crew and/or pacers.
Best of luck everyone!

4 Likes

What new rules about crew/ pacers?!

2 Likes

Hello, my name is David from Iowa. I have done two 50 milers. Hennepin will be my first 100…strength and honor. Keep picking them up and put them down.

1 Like

I haven’t heard a final ruling yet on pacers and what will be allowed. Likely depends on how vaccination rates, infection rates, etc. play out.

2 Likes

Hey All - Sean from Omaha Nebraska. This will be my 4th attempt at 100 miles. I’ve finished 2 and DNFed 1. My “A” goal is sub 24!

2 Likes

More new members…here is where you can introduce yourself! How did you find the Hennepin Hundred? What are you most looking forward to? What is your biggest question heading into the race? Have you done the Hennepin before?

@Jskora
@mpierce778
@mwatczak
@Chilled
@znewman85
@loriannelar
@UltraRunnerChic
@prairieplay
@Mile_A_Day_Jay
@holls210
@JPaulsgrove
@Jen00car
@DCazedessus
@wendlingamy
@oscar
@Ksparks5580
@Tula12
@Michellebaldwin
@Say
@Steph17
@ManlyCaz
@WildRice
@Sarahbue
@leah
@Thomasyenne23
@bonnie
@golfercacher
@Zql800meters

Hi @UltraRunnerChic , at the moment we have not been told we need to set restrictions on pacers. Our “normal” year rules is 100 mile runners can have a pacer starting at Aid station 10. No bike pacers. This could change though if COVID restrictions change.

4 Likes

@golfercacher this is a great course for you! We will do our best to support you so you can earn that BIG buckle!

1 Like

I keep conversation open with permit decision makers weekly, and keep asking if they see any restrictions being made on us. I am concerned that COVID will effect what we can do, but I am still being told that restrictions have not been set for us. My goal, is to keep the race as close to a “normal” year as possible.

Packet pick up- mask will be required if we use the gym, which is inside. We have an outside option to set up there so weather will make a difference.

5 Likes

Hey all! I’ve completed the 50 mile there, in 2019, but this will be my first 100 attempt! Been struggling with a hip flexor issue but trying my best to work through it!!

4 Likes

Hey there, Amanda from Omaha, NE. I heard about Hennepin while pacing for a friend at Mines of Spain and it sounded like a great first 50Mile for me! Can’t wait

4 Likes

Thanks for the add and setting this up for us! I am Patty, and this will be my first ultra distance. I am signed up for the 50K :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

See you at the start line! I’m in for the 50k as well.

3 Likes

I’m in for the 50k as well. My first IRL (not virtual!) ultra.

-Cheryl

3 Likes

Hennepin is my first attempt at 100 miles. Looking forward to it! Hoping for cool/cold weather!!

8 Likes

I all… I’m Jeane, and this is my first 100! Last year I turned the big 5 0 and this is my goal. My biggest issue is nutrition and hydration. I have celiac, so no gluten makes it tough at aid stations , but have learned to deal with it. Just super excited to a part of it this October.

4 Likes

First time here as well. Never more than 20 miles before but I’m doing 100. I struggle with nutrition and water both. It feels like I shouldn’t be consuming so much while on the run. I’m also trying to settle on a shoe for the trails. I run on roads now and use Saucony Freedom ISO.

3 Likes

Hi Jeane, I’m a Celiac too. At my first 100, my crew did an amazing job getting me the food I can eat and the RD even had a special gluten-free meal waiting for me at one of the latter aid stations.

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I am looking forward to the HH100 as my Western States qualifier. This will be my 4th 100 but first WS qualifying race. I am excited to meet some of y’all and to experience all the great things I have heard about this race.

Jason

1 Like