John Kelly

The dude is at it again. If you’re unfamiliar, JK is an incredible runner who’s one of 15 Barkley finishers and routinely attempts insane FKTs. Here’s his latest via Twitter

1 Like

The fact that he looks like smashing the record amazes me. I’ve hiked and run on parts of the Pennine Way, and while it is by no means high mountains it isn’t a pancake flat groomed trail either. Huge kudos to John, if he breaks the record or not.

1 Like

Looks like he is in the final stretch

1 Like

Well, that record went down - 58:04:53

Get that guy a beer

Holy smokes man, that dude is unstoppable…any Brits on here want to weigh in on an American holding this record??

If John’s stomach hadn’t have packed in on him last year, he possible would have been the record holder anyway. What both he and Damian Hall have done to that record over the last 12 months is incredible to me - having hiked and run over some of the Pennine Way.

One thing I think it is worth noting with John holding this record is he’s been living in the UK for a few years: it’s not like he picked the Pennine Way, flew in for a holiday, smashed it out and went away again.

If you want some more context, you can read Broken by Ally Bevan and In It For The Long Run by Damian Hall.

1 Like

Great point and great callouts. Saw DH’s book came out recently, too, right? Either way, good for both of them! Hopefully DH will try to lower it another couple hours…!

1 Like

I loved Damian Halls response…

‘Well now my newly launched book is totally irrelelvant’:joy:

2 Likes

Damian Hall is currently after the (somewhat shorter, no less gnarly) Coast-to-Coast FKT in England on the route established by Alfred Wainwright who wrote the most beautiful guidebooks to the Lake District.

2 Likes

These guys are nuts…in an awesome way

2 Likes

Figured we could bump this up to the top…just got my FKT email and saw that Damian took this title…pretty gnarly

1 Like

!! they should just take a couple months off to recover and then have a pitched race…amazing.

I want to see them give this a go:

1 Like