Great Outdoors Month Photo Contest

CONTEST ALERT | In celebration of Great Outdoors Month and in partnership with Huma Gel, we want to see your view of the outdoors! We’re on the hunt for the best outdoor photo. Doesn’t have to be a race and doesn’t have to include anyone in the photo - truly, just the best outdoors photo. To make it even better? We will award prizes to the top three photos (1st, 2nd and 3rd place!)

1st place wins: $150 UltraSignup race credit + Huma Gel prize pack (1 tub drink mix, 2 recovery smoothies and 4 gels, a $45 value)
2nd place wins: $75 UltraSignup race credit + Huma Gel prize pack (1 tub drink mix and 2 gels, a $32 value)
3rd place wins: $50 UltraSignup race credit + Huma Gel prize pack (8 gels, a $20 value)
*For redemption of the race credit, UltraSignup will coordinate with the winners and the race directors.

HOW TO ENTER:

• Submit your best outdoor photo right here in this thread
  • Like and share your favorite photo
  • Add a snippet of the story to your photo, we’d love to hear where you took the photo, why you took it, and what it means to you
  • Everyone that enters will receive a coupon code from Huma Gel for 3 free gels

*Winners will be chosen based upon the number of likes their photo receives today through 6/17

2 Likes

Getting away from the crowds in Guadalupe Mountain National Park. Guadalupe peak is a great little summit, and the star of the park, but this was my first time really starting to explore some of the more remote trails and was blown away by the variety of terrain and wildlife.

5 Likes

Mount Diablo State Park

6 Likes

Enjoying a relaxing morning at Glacier NP

21 Likes

After looking through all my beautiful trail running pictures, I chose this one instead. I took it during a mid-morning run in Pagosa Springs, CO. Three months later we bought a place, and am now spending the summer here away from hot and humid TX.

5 Likes

Turquoise Lake in Leadville, CO, a day before the race.

8 Likes

I absolutely love the outdoors and love a challenge. The challenges I love the best are particularly tough and strenuous hikes and reaching their summits.

This photo was taken at Hanging Rock State Park in North Carolina. We had just gotten thru what seemed like over a mile worth of bouldering and climbing rocks. Our efforts were rewarded with this splendid vista.

Vistas like this one connect me to the world I live in on a spiritual level. Sitting near the cliff’s edge brought my soul so much happiness and peace. It makes you understand the struggle and fight one undertakes to reach nirvana.

3 Likes

I have so many incredible photos, but not nearly as many including me in the shot. This is one of my all time favorites, taken the third evening of a ~40 mile backpacking trip, at Mcafees
Knob on the AT.

On this trip we faced flash flood warnings, a hurricane threat and extreme lightning thunderstorms. There wasn’t much we could do but hunker down and embrace it.

This moment came after all that, as we collectively made the tough decision to leave camp and head up here for the sunset, hoping it wouldn’t be a bust. This image proves to me that as things get tough and unfavorable to continue that grind and always, always go chase the sunset, even if it doesn’t seem worth it.

12 Likes

Paragliding over Chamonix

5 Likes

This is one of my favorite photos. On a hike to Berggasthau Aescher in Switzerland, one of the prettiest hikes to consider if in Switzerland. I came around a corner and marveled at the colors and the beautiful sky.

6 Likes

Living and running in Minnesota, our 10,000+ lakes are a treasured feature of everyday life. I’ve been blessed to run around the Chain of Lakes in Minneapolis more times than I can count, and they always reveal something new. When I took this photo, I was reveling in the full return of the sailboats to Lake Harriet.

For much of our very long, cold winter, the empty

slips wait patiently under white skies and layers of ice. Then one morning, like the swallows to Capistrano, the boats suddenly come back, bringing hope, warmth, and the sweet promise of long summer days.

3 Likes

This was an early morning summer run at my local park. I love getting out early and catching the sunrise.

3 Likes

As a person who works in eventing in Australia, covid bought a number of challenges. One was that I had to take on a second job, guiding tour groups on kayaks. The bonus to this was that I could get my training done in the mountains before setting off with clients, nice and early. Some days, I would summit the first peak just on dawn… and be greeted by this -

4 Likes

not to be too trashy, but…i am from TN :wink:! from the top of Quandary Peak, my (and everyone’s!) first 14er

and dont worry! i left no trace

2 Likes

On my 60th birthday I ran a 60k with 6k ft elevation, & raised $3,000 for Cancer research.

3 Likes

I chose this photo because this was the start to my journey with consistently trail running. Taken August 2020. Covid had been wreaking havoc all year long in everybody’s lives. I’m a home health registered nurse and I was feeling really stressed out with dealing with the pandemic, trying to balance my family life, and keep my sanity. My husband I took a trip up to Pinnacles national Park in California. This is at the top of high peak mountain, I was able to feel at peace. Ever since that day I have been increasing my trail running and my outdoor activity quite extensively. I’m up to 24 miles on trails and loving every single moment. I can’t wait to get into racing more over the next few years. My husband has been running for a lot of years and now we run together.

4 Likes

I wake up every day and think, “how is it that I actually live here?”
Despite the drought, the heat, all of the plants and critters that seem out to get us, I love our adopted home of Tucson. We get to play in our backyard among the saguaros. Monsoon skies bring dramatic views of our home hills. This is the aptly named “Golden Gate”, a trail-less “feature” that is dear to me.

2 Likes

From a trail run when I was finally able to visit Chamonix a few summers ago.

3 Likes

a sign, at last, a sign !
interpretation is a bit of a guessing game though…
wandering in the Flat Tops…

3 Likes

Cradle mountain in Tasmania’s wilderness

3 Likes