Do you run every day?

I’ve never been a streaker. I try to run 4 to 5 days a week but sometimes get less depending on work/family stuff. Too lazy to run in the morning so things come up during the day. Which, of course, is why I should run in the morning .

1 Like

my consistency has been lacking severely lately, for a variety of reasons (cough, cough, excuses). Looking forward to getting back on the regular out & about.

1 Like

Love this quote

“You have to be your own superhero, nobody is going to save you!”

2 Likes

Someone track down Michael Shattuck - definitely someone we’d love to have in the new community!

1 Like

Right!?

I got a treadmill the other week and love it so much that I have been running everyday. It’s pretty easy to keep a streak going when it’s right there and I don’t have to worry about even putting on a shirt (and some times not even shoes)

1 Like

Yes, that said, about one-quarter of my mileage is done inside by running on the spot a number of times throughout the day. These number of times are a base minimum of 30 seconds all the way up to about 12 minutes.
I’ve known for a few years that I need more time on my feet, and running every day is the way that works for me.

2 Likes

I run 6-7 days a week. I just enjoy the consistency and find I do better with “active recovery” but at least one or two of those days is super easy.

Since I’m a twin father, I stopped doing triathlons. Now I only run and cycle a little bit. 3-6 runs per week depending on family, work around the house, friends and work in general. Maybe poll could be a nice feature for this thread.

1 Like
  • I run every day!
  • I run 3-5x per week
  • I run once a week
  • 1 run when I can

0 voters

please post your link again, it is not displayed for me

1 Like

Here you go

1 Like

Blockquote Not sure if you saw the piece on Ted Corbitt in UltraRunning magazine’s [40th-anniversary special edition](UltraRunning February 2021 - Ultrarunning Magazine Employee time tracking software - WorkTime) but he said at the height of his training (with a series of injuries) he hit a one-week high training volume of 312 miles!!! Yep, that’s an average of 44.5 miles per day for a week…while injured.

I have a local friend that has run at least 6 miles every day since he was 21…he is now 46…your body is pretty amazing and will adapt to almost anything you make it do.

an average of 44.5 miles per day per week? how did he do it

2 Likes

Run every day unless recuperating from a race. Also ride bike on trainer pretty much every day.

3 Likes

Here is ATRAs 2021 Spring Survey results…some interesting stuff in here, including 1.68% of respondents run every day.

2 Likes

Wow less than 2% - that is way less than I would have guessed