Cuyamaca 100K

Good day post race feels! Please I hope to keep in touch with anyone that participated in yesterday’s Cuyamaca race.

7 Likes

I didn’t take part, but huge congratulations on completing 100km. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

I just sent an invite to the finishers from this year’s event. Hopefully, they’ll start joining today and find their way to this post.

4 Likes

Congrats on your race. :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks for the invite DavidC! Cuyamaca never disappoints - an amazing day out there and fab volunteers, always.

4 Likes

I had a great race too … not too hot … no wind at night … and made the WSER qualifying time. All makes for a good day. My third time running this race … great course, amazing volunteers, and manageable cut offs for an old guy like me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congratulations on hitting the WSER time…so cool!

3 Likes

Fantastic, well done Toby!

2 Likes

Congratulations UltraToby on making the WSER qualifying time :grinning:

2 Likes

What was your time :slight_smile: congrats!!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I finished in 16:09 and needed to get in under 17 to open up a lottery ticket registration opportunity. I’m still at about a 1 in 4,000 chance of being drawn but at least I’m in the hat!

3 Likes

Congratulations to all ran on Saturday!!!

I finished my very fist 100K there. Can’t thank enough to all volunteers and supporters there!!! And thanks a lot to all runners to encourage me finishing strong!!! I didn’t know anything about magical 17 hour and maybe couple miles away from the camp ground, fellow runner Phillip told me about the WS and pushed me all the way! I didn’t make the wrong turn because I had him. I owe him a can of soda. If anyone knows who Phillip, is let me know how to reach him. Thanks again everyone supported me!

Thanks David for the invite!

Mari

4 Likes

Congratulations Mari on finishing 100km :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats to you too Starfilledmac, glad you had a great day :smiley:

2 Likes

It was my first time at Cuyumaca 100K and I flew out from Boston for the event. Had a wonderful experience with great people, excellent volunteers and a beautiful course. I thought I might be a bit faster, but happy with my age group win😀 and more importantly shared miles with some really nice people!

1 Like

Mari, I think I finished right behind you and Phillip. I believe the person you are looking for is Phillip Espinoza. He should be easy to get ahold of as he is fairly active here in San Diego. Congrats on your finish. We all got lucky with the great conditions and excellent aid station support.

2 Likes

Hi Peter! Congrats to you! Yes we were so lucky. Support and weather were so perfect!!! I’m so thankful.

Yes Philip E. Please spread a word I’m looking for him :slight_smile: mari3@cox.net

Our car was dead and we had to get a tow truck right after I finished. And we ended up staying in the car all night…I didn’t have a chance to exchange our info w Phillip.
Thanks Peter for letting me know about Phillip.

1 Like