Community Book Club

I’m guessing I can’t be the only reader on here - so I was wondering would anyone else be interested in a trail/ultra/general book club? Maybe one book a month, and think about titles that we could read starting in April and share our thoughts on here?

Or alternatively - we could just use thi thread to post what we’ve been reading and our reviews.

4 Likes

I’m in…great idea

1 Like

Are you thinking just books on running or others. I don’t read many running books but I do read quite a bit and would be interested in others’ thoughts on books I read.

1 Like

Great idea! I would be interested!

1 Like

I’m interested, particularly if you’re choosing trail and/or ultra stories!

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea! I’m up for books on any subject, doesnt have to be just running.

I’m also a huge Audible/audiobook nerd. So anything I can listen to is even better!

I’m in.

Currently I am reading IT by Stephen King, not really related to running :slight_smile: but yeah, let’s read!

2 Likes

Alright, someone needs to “nominate” a book.

Maybe at the end of the month we can host a talk on clubhouse (if I can ever figure that out) about the boom or the month.

Sorry for being really quiet after suggesting this, work got away from me the last few weeks!

Here’s some guidelines, and I’ll happily nominate a book for this month:

• One book a month
  • Books should be easy to get hold of wherever in the world (I’m east of the Atlantic, I’m guessing most are west of it) - if there’s an eBook copy all the better
  • The subject should broadly appeal to the UltraSignup community audience
  • We take it in turns to nominate a book per month - we can set up a calendar as we go this month
  • Post your thoughts here after you’ve finished - @davidc suggested Clubhouse but I’m not familiar with that platform
  • Enjoy!

With that - I pick “On Trails” by Robert Moor for this month’s book.

For the following months I have:
@Joseph3619; @Lajuan @AgathaK @mk717 @kris @davidc so does the following work for people picking?

4 Likes

Wonderful!
Is there a goal date for everyone posting comments for the current month’s book?

This sounds good to me. I’ve ordered the book and am ready to go!

1 Like

I’m in. Just bought the book. Looking forward to it. It looks really interesting!

1 Like

I’m in! Ordering On Trails.

2 Likes

Found it on Audible! Haha, cant wait!

1 Like

Yes, it works for me.

@AdamML just wanted to chime in and say that this book is awesome…I’m about 200 pages through and very glad you recommended it. Looking forward to us all connecting on it at the end of the month.

2 Likes

Just seeing this entire conversation today. Great idea and I’ll try to catch up.
For what it’s worth, I did a YouTube search for “On Trails: An Exploration Robert Moor” and came up with a range of interviews with Robert Moor after the book’s release.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=on+trails+an+exploration+robert+moor+

1 Like

It’s funny. I reached out to him to ask him if he’d like to join in on the conversation of his book. He was gracious and said he was too busy working on his new book “In the Trees”. He also joked that he was a bit tired of talking about trails.

3 Likes

Great idea to reach out. Though he’s not available at this time, perhaps he will be somewhere down the line. At least a connection has been made.
Who knows, maybe we’d be interested in having him talk about trees and their various roles in our lives.

3 Likes

Knowing the level of detail he went into re trails, I think it’d be really fascinating to read what he has to say about trees!

1 Like