About the Grand Slam Community Group

By special request, here is a dedicated Community Group for the athletes in the Grand Slam.

What is the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning Series?

We now have five races in the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning Series: Old Dominion 100 Mile Endurance Run, Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run, Vermont 100 Endurance Race, Leadville Trail 100 Run, and Wasatch Front 100 Mile endurance Run. In order to be eligible for the award, participants must officially complete three of the four first Grand Slam Series races and then complete the Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run all in the same summer. The Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run is required because it is the final race of the series, the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning Awards are presented at this race and the series is organized by the Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run Race Committee.

1 Like

Hey there everyone! I hope that this is a good place for us to communicate about our experiences going through the process of showing up and covering the miles to get us to the trophy at the end of Wasatch in Utah this September!! It’s a miracle that we can set an intention and overcome all of the obstacles in training and the races to cross that finish line! I am so grateful for the opportunity I’ll do everything in my power to keep moving forward. I’d like to be a faster runner in general however, I took this statement from a Black Diamond ad that really resonates with me.
“The finish is overrated. The start is only the beginning. But the space between, where the miles and moments become an ocean between the waves, that’s where the magic happens. The experience waits in the distance.”

For me the start was when my name got drawn for western states in December of 2019 for the 30 race. Between the drawing and the start of the WSER 100 I had the diagnosis and repair of a hole in my heart between the atriums (PFO) then all of the training and organization that had gone into this endeavor. Now, I’m on the journey.

Let’s keep moving and enjoy the ride. We are doing something that most people consider impossible! Imagine the stories we will have for our kids and grandkids!!

Hey Scott, congrats on knocking out the first two. I’m doing my last long training run for Wasatch this weekend running Eastern States. I couldn’t resist the opportunity to run Western and Eastern States in the same year. Best of luck Scott and all of the others running Leadville. See you in September!

1 Like

Hi Scott! Good luck at Eastern States this weekend! Keep the journey moving forward! See you in Utah!